Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shoe of the Week


This week's shoe, is the Air Jordan VII, in the black/red/purple colorway. The shoe means a lot to me, because it was my first pair of Air Jordans. I had them when I was just 2 years old.

The Air Jordan 7 was designed by Tinker Hatfield, like many of the other Air Jordans. This shoe was worn by Michael Jordan during the 1992 season in which the Bulls won their second NBA championship. The design was based off of African Tribal art that Tinker had seen in the window of a record store. The design inspiration can clearly be seen in the outsole of the shoe, with its many trianges and abstract set up. Another little feature of the shoe is the incorperation of the Huarache Tech. The VIIs contain an inner sleeve just like the Huarache basketball shoes released by Nike. Many of you may ask, "What's so special?". Well besides the fact that it's an Air Jordan shoe, the shoe is very special to me because of the fact that it was my first Air Jordan in this exact same colorway. So if anyone out there has a size 10 for sale, get at me!




Love, Peace, and Brenda Song grease
-Magic Mike

No comments: