Thursday, September 18, 2008

To the Sun....

So, it's Thursday. And...we haven't really updated on how the concert when. BUT pics have FINALLY been uploaded. (Thanks G) And here it is.

The concert was great. We lagged it big time to get there but we still had some sick seats...ummm standing spots?... The show opened with Chester French. Funny how the crowd was all ready, thinking that it was gonna be N.E.R.D. But to the crowds dismay, it was just Chester. Surprisingly, the group wasn't that bad. I didn't mind listening to them. Maybe it was just the fact I was really really ready for N.E.R.D to perform took away from the performance. But in retrospect, they weren't bad at all. I'd give them another listen...maybe not buy an album...but give it another listen. haha.

As for N.E.R.D? Nothing short of DOPE. The crowed was wild...(WHAT UP KRAIG?) They opened up with Anti-Matter and kept on rolling. AND YES they did throw Run to the Sun into the mix. (checks off life goal list)

Common was just as nice. Random white dude with no rhythm aside, I actually liked some of Common's new stuff. Like "The Eye" and "Gladiator". I really wasn't sure how I would feel about his new material. Even with the majority of them being produced by the Neptunes, I wasn't fully convinced that they'd be nice. But, I liked a few. I still can't get over the fact that Common says "yeah yeah i philosophize on top of 'ya" Oh well, I'll have to listen to the rest of the CD before I can say anything about his new stuff.

Now, on to the PICS!!















-MagicMike

No comments: